(This is a tongue in cheek post: of course children top dogs any day, and I deeply and completely look forward to that day that I have them; but I have to pay tribute to my two “fur babies”. For all intents and purposes, they are my kids)
1. You can leave them at home all day while you go to work. (Although I am mighty curious as to what they get up to all day?)
2. You can pretty much do anything to them and they will still wag the tail and love you.
3. You don’t have to give them toilet paper or nappies. (diapers). They just do it on the lawn.
4. Little love dog will keep you warm at night without crying or asking for anything.
5. You don’t have to pay for their education. They will learn how to bark, catch food and sleep all by themselves.
6. They are the welcoming committee when you get home. Tails are wagging and they are jumping up and down. Try and get that much reaction from a sullen teenager.
7. They are grateful for any food that they get. No fussy eaters here.
8. They follow you around with the utmost loyalty.
9. They are the built in door bell and will always let you know if someone is even in the vicinity of your home.
10. And when you are not there, the ears are lifted in high alert for when you return. You come home to a faithful friend who is waiting for you.
Dedicated to Coffee and Milo: I couldn’t possibly ask for anybody better!
(Oops, I already did?)