I’m still here! Working hard, but still functioning! I am so happy to be on a long weekend midterm break. Today we went to a book sale where they sold books by the kilogram. A nice one I am reading right now is all about stories of different women and how they conceived (“Trying to Conceive”). I even got one on adoption (well, how to explain to your child that he/she is adopted).
In any case, I was just grabbing anything, even one on IVF, because you never know… I might need it…
Well, all of this made me realise…
You know you’ve been infertile for too long when…
– Your books represent a library of infertility, and you now have enough knowledge on the subject to write a book.
– Your medical aid funds are depleted by April (well that’s what happened last year, between the homeopath and the acupuncturist).
– Your dogs become your children. You start talking about them as if they are people. You start calling them “baby”.
– All your friends have children/ are pregnant except you.
– And every time you open a magazine there’s a new celebrity showing off her “baby bump” as if it were the latest handbag.
– People have stopped asking you when you are going to have children.
– You start looking at kids on the street and wonder idly if you can grab one and make a quick getaway.
– You think you will physically hurl if another person tells you to “just relax” or take a vacation.
Well that’s all from me for today! Enjoy your weekend.