October or November?
I’m in limbo.
Trying to figure out what will be best for the best time for IVF, October or November.
But let me start at the beginning.
I had a follow up appointment with Dr. R post operation (laparoscopy) and he checked me out and all looked fine. I thanked him profusely for spending all that time clearing out all my endo (I know it took a while and set everyone else back a bit on that day).
Oh yes and it was a fibroid, not a cyst that was removed. Apparently the cyst disappeared but the fibroid was big and bad and so off it went.
So then we talked about the next step.. Which is IVF.
The real issue is: is my thyroid ready? Previous reading was over 4, and I’ve been tapping, praying and popping pills to get it down.
Well, the results are in and it is 2.2. Now Dr R ideally wanted under 2, but it will do. Methinks.
I’m keen to proceed straight away (October) since I have a week off that will coincide with time for egg retrieval and transfer. The problem with that option is that the week before that is an extremely stressful assessment week where I have to get the kids through and passing so they can get into grade 2. And in this week I would have at least two scans. But I have spoken to the nurse at the clinic and she says that if I get there at 6am I can be first on the list and get out of there at 7:15 (I have to be at work at 7:30, but could get away with getting there at 8).
November could be good because it is going to be more or less no formal work and all concert practice. Less pressure. But then I wouldn’t have that week off. And I’d have to explain to parents etc. where I was. And concert practice can also be stressful.
Well I am waiting on what the doc thinks of this TSH figure: if I can actually go ahead now or wait another month.
The good thing is that my boss is supportive either way. I’m in the good books now since my hubby took all the pics of a function on Friday night.